Monday, January 31, 2011

&$&#%#%#$%#$!

Watch out I'm about to rant...

I am SO sick of my current situation I could kick someone.  If your not in the mood to read my complaints then go away because here they come.

I would like nothing more than to destroy my POS computer.  I am currently typing on the Hostel's comp because my impotent machine cannot do anything but run the &%$&"#%$ Sims program, which I am NOT here to play.  I can picture it going down like the scene from the movie Office Space where they destroy the printer by beating it relentlessly and finishing it off with a roundhouse kick to the dome.  I am very concerned about my access to the internet let alone a word processing program to get anything done.  Let me break it down...logging on (10 min wait) connecting to the internet (20 minutes all together, from finding the wireless hotspot, to logging on, to relogging on due to the wireless capability not turning on, turning on the wireless capability) hooray so I'm finally online and for some reason stupid Facebook is the only site I can see, I can't even check my mail (which is quite vital at the moment) because the internet connection immediately dies again.  Then I have to repeat the 20 minute process of getting the computer back on to the WiFi.  Once again back to Facebook, so I tried uploading pictures and of course that does not work.  The internet connection lasts about 5 minutes before it says it cannot find the network.  Basically the only thing I can do on Facebook is "like" statuses and read about peoples lives that I do not care about.  My keys barely work because I spilled water on them (my fault I know) but this is really driving me insane.  My friend can download 5 movies from the net in the time I can connect 5 times and get NOTHING done!  Someone please send me a hammer so I can make good use of it.  Therefore I have to check my email everyday at school to see if anyone has emailed me about my residency permit and every day I find nothing. FML.

Another point of frustration is the fact that I have still not been able to unpack my bags.  My room has 3 other people in it and I am in a bed where the ceiling slants downwards.  I feel stuffed in this gross smelly hole with crap surrounding me on all sides with my bags of shit burying me alive.  It is not comfortable in there and it is stuffy and dark.  People come and go as well so I always have to lock my stuff up and keep everything in a contained little area (I have about 3 feet of space).  I have always been interested in meeting new people but I no longer have the energy to explain my story and to hear theirs.  Not to be cynical but it is a waste of time considering I will probably never see them again and I really don't care. Whatever.

School is back in session this week and that is ok.  Class is still good.  Today the school took a trip to see "Piran, Pirano" a Slovenian film.  Vanessa and I were not able to go because we went to the mall and proceeded to go to the WRONG movie theater!  We waited there for a bit and then attempted to find the right movie theater to no avail, this took about 30 minutes until we realized we were lost.  We then attempted to take the bus back only to realize that I did not have enough money on my bus pass because I had given my good pass to another girl instead of my empty one for her to refill.  We then spent the next hour walking into town because the movie theater we went to was so far.  The weather was cold and on the way back we saw the bus full of students going to the right movie theater happily chatting and getting ready to go see a free movie.  The bus was stopping at a red light so I'm sure our fellow classmates saw us stomping back in the cold, yet another fail.  My last shred of hope for a decent day was to get my hair colored at a salon in town.  By the time we got there it was so busy that they would not take me before they closed.  I then walked back to the hostel to let the internet rape my brain.  So there you have it I am cold, cranky, still blonde w/ crappy roots, internetless, and living in a hole w/ strangers while my entire class is probably watching a great movie.  yay me.  I am not asking for pity, I hope this entry brings you a better perspective on your day instead, maybe you'll realize it could be worse!  Please send me some good vibes, I need them!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment