Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rainy Day

Hello Everyone,
I had written a previous entry but my computer disconnected from the internet minutes before I was going to post this. Ugh so here I am rewriting a previous post.  I am still enjoying a lot of rest and relaxation.  The bad weather has finally caught up with us here in Ljubljana though!  The past few days have been rainy and cold.  The rain actually turned to snow last night for a bit but I thankfully was able to watch from inside the apartment!
The past weekend was good, lots of dancing and clubbing with fellow exchange students.  I’m so glad to be able to have a group of people to go out with already.  And so many different cultural backgrounds as well.  I am quite fortunate.  Anyway, the music at the clubs is very nice, they enjoy mixing 60’s rock and roll with reggae and techno.  Johnny Cash and reggae was very good!  Lots of swing dancing too, I feel like I’m in a different era!  The next weekend is just around the corner too so more excitement to come!
Both of my roommates have been in their language class for the past few weeks so I’ve been a bum at home by myself.  I’ve done a little cleaning, exercising, and reading, during the day.  Once school starts next week I think I will miss having all this free time!  I also attempted to do some cooking but I think I am still in my sandwich and cheese and cracker phase of life while others excel at making more complicated dishes.  Hopefully I’ll come home with some good recipes!  Anyway my one claim to cooking fame involves candy but apparently they do not think corn syrup is important enough to sell at the supermarket L  So instead of wowing my friends with peanut brittle and cinnamon candy I had to settle for chocolate covered pretzels. Mehhh.  Still tasty though!
Ah here’s some good news!  My residency permit is in Ljubljana!  After sending many annoying emails to a lot of administrative officials I received an email in Slovene about how my permit had made it from DC to the Upravna Enota Office here in Slovenia (thank you google  translator!) .  They are now waiting for confirmation from the Slovenian Embassy in Zagreb to receive my permit.  So bottom line is I’m still waiting.  But hey at least it made it here. 
Some other good news is I have booked a trip for my spring break!  I am going to visit my friend Tom who I met in the hostel who lives in the UK.  I will be getting a tour of London from a true Britt.  I’ll be there for the epic wedding of the Prince and his woman that I keep seeing in the tabloids so that will also be interesting to witness.  I still have a few days to fill up too, maybe a weekend of Italy or somewhere in the Balkans! 
Tonight a group of us are going out to a pub to watch football (soccer).  I watched a game last night at home and it was very fast paced and actually interesting!  Who knows this may end up growing on me.  Anywho that’s all for now.  Until next time!

--Millicent Julia

1 comment:

  1. Okay...that is just way cool that you will be in London for Will and Kate's wedding! Are you going to try to get down in the vicinity? And just cool to be in London! Have you been there before? So much to see...we were there for three days and didn't see half of what we hoped! Spend most of a day in the Tower of London...just cool to think of all that history!

    ReplyDelete