Monday, March 21, 2011

New Life in the Dorms!

Hi all!


Its been a while since I've been able to write.  Last week was super busy moving all my stuff from the apartment to the dorms!  I had to take two taxi trips and a bunch of trips on the bus to get everything over here.  I also had to take a few trips to the supermarket and the $1 Euro shop to buy plates and silverware, toilet paper, cleaning supplies etc. Whew! After a whole week of moving I took a break this weekend and relaxed by watching movies and hanging in the dorm.


I am located in Rozna Dolina, the large cluster of dorms close to Tivoli Park and about a 15 minute walk to the center.  It's about a 30 minute walk to my faculty but I've been taking the bus so it's pretty easy to get around.  I have a really nice roommate named Petra from Ptuj.  Tonight she is taking me to a dorm party hooray!     I also was able to meet some others who live on the same floor.  A lot of people just hang out in the hallways so if I ever get lonely I can just go out there.  I am really happy with my living situation.  I'm close to the gym, a cafeteria, and in a really nice part of town.  I'm still quite sad I have to leave my friends I was living with but I'm definitely going to be visiting them and still hanging out of course.



Petra studying in our dorm room!  My bed is on the right :)


This upcoming weekend I'm going to Serbia!  The international student office has arranged a trip for us to visit the capitol city of Belgrade and I'm quite excited about it.  We have an all night bus trip there, starting at midnight to 8 am.  Woo!  I hope the group will be eager to rest up for the next few days like I will but I have a gut feeling that they will just be loud and partying the whole way there.  Oh lordy!  


Other than that I've just been continuing with my studies and going for long walks and getting food with friends.  I need to get back in the habit of running but it seems like I've been to busy to even think about that.  Well thats all for now, I'll have a better post when something interesting happens :)

Millie

4 comments:

  1. Hi Millie:
    Sounds like you've had quite a few adventures! It has to be fun to meet lots of new people, too! Those dorms look pretty nice! How are you classes going? I have a friend who is Serbian and have seen lots of pictures from there. Have a great time and thanks for the postings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie, you are the poster child for perseverance and patience! I love how you make the best of everything. ENJOY YOUR TIME ABROAD! I love living vicariously through you and the other lucky students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks all! Classes are going great and I couldn't be happier :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many solitary individuals worry about assembly new individuals and making friends prior to they leave for their new adventure. Nevertheless, this wasn't the case for Emily Davis who, prior to she left the United states to work in London, signed up with a London-based dog-walking agency close to her new place. "I understood that would produce possibilities immediately for me to get out and meet people," Emily describes. click here to know more about Irish Immigration To Canada


    ReplyDelete